I created this quilt for the Urban Bright Challenge With Frond Design Studios and The Bad Ass Quilter's Society.
I found my inspiration from Kim Lapacek's Dresden Neighborhood Pattern.
My first thought was to go with navy background fabric, but it looked too dull.
....but I quickly changed my mind as it did not seem large enough and I realized the neighborhood need to expand and grow!
I really like the black fabric better than the navy for the background.
I added lite heat and bond to the edges of the plates (houses).
Pressed them all in place. This was not easy as I had so many over lapping.
I added a border.
Placed it off center.
I had a lot of fun with the quilting!
I added my name to the corner.
Here's a couple photo of the backside of the quilt.