Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts - Sharing My Thoughts About --- Stitching, Stitching, and Stitching...

 I like to piece simple quilts with free form artsy blocks, 
because I love to quilt them!

I love "Stitching"!  


I like combining the thread colors just to see how they will look.  I think that is why one of my favorite quilting styles is Two Color Ribbon Quilting.  I featured Double Bubble Quilting on Monday and used two thread colors to create the shadowing affect on the bubbles.  
It's fun to try new quilting styles.  
Really makes my job interesting. 
I compare "stitching" to coloring. 
Do you remember coloring? I do! 

I would sit and color for hours and hours, just filling in all the sections of the pictures in the coloring book.  I had a hard time staying in the lines and sometimes I would add things to the pictures and color that too! When I completed the picture, I would sign my name with the date.  
It was delightful!
 That is how I feel when I am stitching. 
It is truly delightful!  



The front of this table runner uses light colors. You can make a table runner reversible by using a darker color of fabric for the backside.



I used my Easy to Sew Quilt Pattern to create 
the Dragonfly Simplicity Table Runner.
  I think the coolest thing about this pattern is that every block looks different, yet at the same time, similar!  






When you make this quilt it looks different every time!

I made three table runners at the same time in just a couple hours.  I only quilted one so far.  They are perfect to make for gifts for friends and family!  
I just mailed this table runner off to my sister-in-law for her birthday.  
I also entered a photo of the Dragonfly Simplicity Table Runner in the Quilting Gallery Weekly Theme Quilt Show.  
If you would like to vote for my quilt or any of the other quilts click here 
this Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Thanks!
I love stitching! 
What is your favorite part about making a quilt?  

Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

Beautiful table runner! I love the effect of the different colored thread in the quilting.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

At the moment I am loving piecing. I've never had a quilt long arm quilted - I wish you lived nearer!!!!!!

Diann said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I love the colors and fabric choices you used! You need to think about opening an online store. These beauties would sell like hotcakes! Thank you for sharing at TTF. Have a fun weekend.

Honey at 2805 said...

What a beautiful table runner! You do such beautiful work!

Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday and helping to make it a success! I appreciate your participation!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

Wow! Your table runners are beautiful! I love the fabric that you used, as well as the different colors of thread in the stitching. You did a fantastic job

Ellen said...

I love quilts, I love to own quilts, but I am not a sewer, quilter. But I do know a beautiful piece of work, and your blog is full of beautiful pieces.
Hugs,
Ellen

Miss Hillbilly said...

Oh, why oh why didn't you email me and have me vote for you??? I love your stitching! I am going to start saving money. Who needs to learn to quilt with you around. I'll just piece and piece.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Oh, why oh why didn't you email me and have me vote for you??? I love your stitching! I am going to start saving money. Who needs to learn to quilt with you around. I'll just piece and piece.