Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Getting Up Close with My Quilting - Special Area Quilting


My customers bring me the COOLEST QUILTS! 








Special Area Quilting:
Single Bubbles as the background/filler quilting.
Two Color Loopy Bubbles in a chain for the colorful border.
Wiggle/Wavy Lines with a Swirl on the top for the tulips.  I changed the thread colors for each tulip color.
And Paisley Swirly Quilting on the outside border.













A couple photos of the backside of the quilt.






I love the backside too!






Rolled it up before I mailed it.




Looks so cool rolled up too!


My customer used Jelly Roll Strips to create this quilt.  It is from the book Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott.


I love this quilt!  
I picked out fabrics with my Mom to make one for our donation quilt for next year.


The book shows a photo of a lite blue print background. We purchased Kona Solids to go with the blue print. See the small quilt on the left page.


Enjoy!

Marcia

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Beautiful, Marcia.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

A beautiful quilt with fantastic frosting!

Lesley said...

Stunning quilt! Your quilting is fabulous!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Hat a gorgeous quilt Marcia!! I love the pattern and colour, but your quilting made it!! stunning!

Charlie said...

I love how you quilted it. I've been afraid of free-motion, but I'm going to give those circles a try.

Chantal said...

Harry needs a wand to make magic; you need a sewing machine. Just beautiful!!

Michele said...

Love it! The bright colors are fantastic and the quilting on it is just perfect.