Monday, February 17, 2014

Getting Up Close with My Quilting --- Circles and Swirls for Kim


Update: June 6, 2015 
I am super excited for Kim Lapacek​ 's Modern Log Cabin Quilt that is going to the International Quilt Festival​ in Houston 2015.  I am so proud, that I quilted her quilt and that is going to the Festival! Kim posted about on her Blog  Persimon Dreams and facebook. 

Scroll down to see all the up close photos of the quilting.


I had so much fun taking photos of Kim's quilt.  I flipped it over, I rolled it, and I just kinda bunched it up as if you would crawl under it and cuddle up on a cold Wisconsin night.





Kim had a vision for the quilting and sent it along with her quilt.  The circles were too large to swing them around over 16" to have them intersect like her photo.  I added some swirls in the border and repeated them where the circles meet.  What a fun way to quilt a quilt!





























If you want to know more about Kim's Quilt click here for all the details. Kim created this quilt for a Riley Blake Modern Quilt Challenge.

Enjoy!
Marcia


9 comments:

Teje Karjalainen said...

Gorgeus quilt and I love your quilting! x Teje

Gill said...

What a fabulous quilt - I love it!

Lesley said...

This quilt and it's quilting is stunning! You did an excellent job of enhancing the beauty of the quilt with your quilting!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love the color and movement of this quilt.

PersimonDreams said...

I am so in love with the quilting you did! it's absolutely perfect! you took my vision and made it work! Thank you thank you thank you!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh I bet this one was way fun to quilt!!! Thanks for sharing all the close-ups....

VickiT said...

What a great quilt and so full of color. Very pretty. Love the quilting you've done with it too Marcia.

Farm Quilter said...

Well done by piecer and quilter! Lovely, cheerful quilt! What color thread did you use - it blends very well on every color!!!

Stella Jones said...

Your quilting is excellent, but I'm curious to know how you do it? Do you quilt by hand or machine? Do you trace the pattern on or do it freehand?