Thursday, May 5, 2011

First Post for "Thursday Thoughts" --- Moms!

Moms never take time for themselves....  well I didn't...
In 1987 I got divorced.  My kids were 3 and 5.  The first weekend their Dad took them for visitation, I all of a sudden realized, I had the weekend, all to myself.  What will I do?  Well it was a very boring weekend. In the first hour I polished my finger nails and toes nails, because as a Mom you can't do that, as you need to be ready at a moments notice to wipe a nose or get food ready or when they are babies change a diaper.  Next I read a magazine and watched TV.  I really missed Jewels and BJ.  My whole life was just them... I was a Mom.  Yes I sewed some too...I am sure it was something for them.  I really didn't know how to take time for me...

Eventually I learned how to take time for me.  I would call it "Minutes for Me"! So that is why May for Me (for You) is so important -- Take time for you!



In 1987 I was 29 years old. When I look at this photo I think how young I looked!  WOW!
Here is my family the day after my 50th Birthday Party. 2007 - I am getting older...

In honor of Mother's Day --- Mom and Me! 2011

In honor of Mother's Day this is one of my favorite photos of Jewels, BJ, and Me. It was our Wedding Party Day.  Ritch and I had got married in Vegas two weeks before the party. 1992



Thanks for letting me share my thoughts and photos. 

Friday's post is FAQ about quilting and me.

Click for the current May for Me Giveaway!


Having fun in May!

Marcia

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Thank you for sharing a private side of your. I just love the photo of you and your mom, that is special.

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing! All the photos are great. :)

Barb said...

Your still look 29!

Chris Daly said...

So much fun to see you throughout the years. Got to love those 80's perms.

Sara G said...

Thanks for sharing with us! Have a great day tomorrow!

Miss Hillbilly said...

I am trying to make Minutes for Me. Thanks for helping me to do that.