Monday, November 24, 2014

Getting Up Close with My Quilting - Special Area Quilting

Today, I am sharing Kelly's Cox Comb Quilt. It is a paper pieced quilt with many curved seams.  The quilt was created with colorful batik fabrics.



Kelly selected six thread colors.



The "Special Area Quilting" was the perfect choice for the quilting.



I took several up close photos of the quilting at different angles.










The Cox Comb Quilt is a quilt pattern by Judy Niemeyer.  Kelly said Judy made it easy to stitch the curved seams.


Special Area Quilting enhances each section of the quilt. 





I flipped the quilt over so you can see the details of the quilting on the backside of the quilt.

















Enjoy!
Marcia
I love your comments ---- BUT for some reason blogger sorts through them and if you are on Yahoo for your email, they go to spam and I do not get them, so I can not reply.  If you want to email me directly you can do that at Marcia@craftysewing.com. Thanks!

And of course, I will share all your comments with my customer, Kelly!  Thanks!

8 comments:

Trish Frankland said...

Nice work to both of you! Yay Kelly! Yay Marcia! :)

Unknown said...

awesome, beautiful quilt! :)

Heather371 said...

absolutely Stunning! such vibrant colors.

Heather

Love Of Quilts said...

You both did marvelous jobs on this quilt.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Linda said...

Beautiful job. The quilt is lovely.

Happy Thanksgiving and happy birthday to your kids too.

Michele said...

It really is gorgeous. Nicely done.

sewyouquilt2 said...

very beautiful

Diane Swett said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK