Friday, August 10, 2012

What Does a Quilter Do On Friday Night?

opened up the first packages of Blue Tiny Print Fabrics that I received this week in the mail. WOW!

I took photos of each one...
Packages came from Linda, Lori, Tamra, Donna, and Paulette.

Thank you, Thank you, and  Thank you!



OOOooo I love Blues...


The fabric on the top left here is one of the coolest blues I have ever seen!



I love them all!


I thought after years of sewing, that I had seen every blue print out there, but to my amazement there were several that I had not seen before and very few duplicates.  I have loved blue fabrics since I was 13!


I took some photos with a pencil eraser and a penny so you can see the small print on the fabrics.

My favorite one so far is print on the left side.  Just look at the detail!



I really like the print on the bottom right too!



Look how tiny the one in the middle is..


 And the tiny hearts and itty bitty dots!



This is a photo of some of my blue tiny print fabrics.


I really love the one in the center with the pinks, yellows, and green little flowers and the mini butterflies.


Many of you have emailed that you are sending fabrics also.  You can't even imagine the smiles I will have, when I see all your fabrics too!  I can't wait! 
  

After I took photos and Oooo and Ahhhed over the fabrics, I sat down and wrote thank you notes. I packaged up a special gift for each of you.  It means so much to me that you took the time to sort through your fabrics and packaged it up and included a note and mailed it to me.  I know all of you said, you didn't want anything in return, but you have shared... now I will share...  Thanks so much!

So now you know what a quilter does on Friday night.

What does a quilter do on Saturday?

I am going to press, starch, and cut strips.  Hopefully, I will find time on Sunday to sew some of the strips together and get started.

BUT remember, I will be cutting and sewing for a long long time.

I am not making a large quilt.
I am making mini quilts. 
I am making hot pads, place mats, mug rugs, and table runners and table toppers. Projects that I can sew and quilt and bind in an afternoon or a day.


And remember I am not matching any seams! I am going to have so much fun  --- cutting and sewing and quilting!  As I cut the strips, I am sorting them a little bit, to come up with some really cool combinations of the blues, teals, navys, aquas, and the royal blues. Just think of all the combinations.

I have tried adding rectangles to the squares too. I will share that next week.

YES ---- It is my time to play!

Some of my friends cook and bake, some scrapbook, and some of my friends fish!

I cut up fabric in tiny pieces and sew it back together. Here is the post about the tiny squares.



So.... that is what this quilter loves to do ....

What do you like to do?

Enjoy your weekend!
Marcia
P.S.
I do bake a little! Click here.

7 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

You will have to do a lot of quilting to ever use up all those pretty blue fabric's have fun...will be waiting to see all the projects.

Lori said...

Nice to see you are happy with your "packages of love". Also glad your were doing what every quilter should be doing on a Friday/Saturday....Sewing!!

Lesley said...

I love your blues and love that so many quilters have already shared with you. You will have so much fun! Enjoy your weekend!

Unknown said...

I really had to laugh when I read your blog. Of course what else would you be doing? You have some very pretty fabrics. I too have been working with scraps and making table toppers, mug mats. Sometimes its just nice to do what I call "mindless piecing" have fun

Paulette said...

Oh, how fun! It's amazing that there are so many different ones and no/few duplications. Have fun with them!

SewCalGal said...

Very cute Marcia. Love those blues.
I certainly had fun quilting last night, but I don't always get to quilt on a Friday night. Still, I can't think of a better way to start the weekend.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Such great prints on the fabric, really pretty! I like the blues too. You are going to be one busy girl, but also having so much fun designing and sewing together your mini quilts. I will be looking forward to seeing them.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth