I cut the pattern from my grandson's a drool bib. I added seam allowance. There were snaps on his but I selected velcro for mine.
I cut out some of the little houses, trees, and the clothesline of wash from the city fabric.
I cut up an old blanket for batting to stabilize the t-shirt knit and the body of the bib.
I stitched it and left an opening, so I could turn right side out. When I turned it, I found it was too thick. I trimmed away the blanket (that I used for batting) and left it under the stitching. That way it still kept it stable.
I hand stitched the opening closed and tried my hand at "Big Stitch Quilting". I stitched around the edge and meandered through the design to hold it in place on the bib.
Up close on the backside.
More up close.
I stitched velcro on the points. I trimmed the velcro with rounded corners. That way there would not be sharp points on the corners of the velcro to poke the baby's tender skin.
I want the triangle bib to be nice and soft around my grandson's neck. The bib will absorb all the drool, so the front of his shirt is not wet against his skin. Some will still go through, but it will help.
Another challenge completed for Project Quilting.
There's a new Button for Project Quilting that you can grab it for your blog too. Click on the Button and it will take you to Project Quilting.
I linked up this post for the voting which starts at noon CST Sunday March 23rd -- Click HERE.
Thanks for following along.