Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday --- "Hot Pad Blues"

Tonight I am sharing my little hot pads. I am entering these two hot pads in the Weekly Themed Contest at the Quilting Gallery this weekend.  I named them "Hot Pad Blues" for the contest.
I quilted one hot pad with wavy lines and the other one with ribbon quilting with a twist.
These Hot Pads were made from the scraps from my denim beaded table topper.  The table topper was made from a denim beaded shirt.  It was one of my "upcylcing" quilt projects.

I featured the denim beaded table topper in my November Tablescape.  I titled that post The Colors in My Kitchen.

 I embroidery stitched the fringie binding onto the edges and left the raw edges on the back side of the hot pads.

I used a heat resistant batting in both hot pads.



The voting starts Friday, Nov. 25th at the Quilting Gallery


You can vote on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  I would love if you would vote for my "Hot Pad Blues". Thanks so much!


Usually you can vote for more than one quilt in the contest.  If you are entering one too, please leave a comment so I can vote for you too! 
Update: you can vote for 4 quilts so let me know and I will vote for you too!


I am still working on the tutorial on how to make the zipper bags.  I hope to have it ready for next Tuesday.




Still time to enter the Big Birthday Quilting Giveaway!  Click on the link in the sidebar.






The Minutes for Me Linky Party starts tomorrow night at 6pm and will run for 11 days this time --- thru' the holiday weekend and all of next week.


Remember to take time for you - Minutes for Me is taking a few minutes to play! Enjoy your day!
Marcia

1 comment:

Miss Hillbilly said...

Thanks for the reminder. I'll go vote!