Thursday, February 23, 2012

If I had a Barn... an Imaginary Barn ...

                      ...It would look like this!
Here's a few photos of the quilting.
The circles are tiny --- Like the size of a pencil eraser.


The Morning Glories on the windmill are really tiny too --- smaller than an eraser on a pencil.  And keep in mind that I take close up photos  -- the stitches are really tiny too!
I love thread painting on raw edge applique'. It's like coloring!


 The wavy lines on the black fabric are about a 1/4 of an inch apart.  On the red fabric about 3/8 of an inch apart.


 Signed it with my name --- Marcia 2012.
Also stitched  If I had a Barn...
 Of course this is the back of my quilt.  You can see all the stitching and the thread colors.



 The Bloom Quilt on my imaginary barn measures 1 3/4 inches by 2 inches.

My finished quilt measures 14" by 24". 
Click here for the post about the process of creating my Imaginary Barn Quilt.  
I named it   "If I had a Barn Quilt".
My husband said the nicest thing to me tonight as he looked at my finished quilt :  "I wish I could build it for you!"  What a wonderful thought!
Enjoy your weekend!
Marcia


_____________


Linked with:
Confessions of a Fabric Addict: Can I get a Whoop Whoop? - Feb. 24, 2012
Amy Lou Who: Sew and Tell - Feb. 23, 2012
Crazy Mom Quilts: Finish Up Friday - Feb. 23, 2012
Richard Quilts: Link a Finish Friday - Feb. 23, 2012
2805 Potpourri Party - Feb. 23, 2012
The Thrifty Groove: Thrifty Things Friday - Feb. 23, 2012

33 comments:

Melissa said...

It is absolutely amazing! Congratulations! Your quilting just adds so much to it!

Dale Anne Potter said...

GREAT job on this piece.
If I may ask, who makes those large thread spools?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just fantastic - thank you for sharing the processing of this wonderful little quilt.

Unknown said...

Oh, it's just as a pictured...it's beautiful! I love the thread colors! are awesome. More importantly, your quilting makes it come alive!

Richard Healey said...

The more barns I see I just have to make me one they look so fun.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.com

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

This is just so beautiful...love all your fun details!!! TFS
~Terry~

Lori said...

This is terrific! Any your hubby is too.

Lida said...

What a nice job you made of it! It became a fantastic quilt! Greetings
Lida

matate10 said...

That is absolutely amazing!!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

The piece looks great Marcia..a big job with that many threads...would make me crazy stopping and changing threads so much. But you did a wonderful job.

paqui said...

Magnífico !!

Barb Neiwert said...

Glad to see you got to do an amazing piece for yourself! It's gorgeous. And, you have a sweet husband too.

VickiT said...

Wow Marcia! Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous. The front is fabulous but, I have to admit the windmill on the back is so cool.

How sweet about your husband's comment. Awwww

Thank you for showing us how you created such an amazing quilt.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Very pretty quilt!

Kristen said...

Such nice stitching! It adds so much to your design. I loved your closeups to see how much work went into this.

Kristen said...

Such nice stitching! It adds so much to your design. I loved your closeups to see how much work went into this.

Belinda said...

That is so freaking cool! Thanks for sharing it all with us!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Wow Marcia! How stunning! You have a wonderful husband too!

Carla said...

Awesome work! Thanks for such detailed photos! Amazing

Nicole said...

Beautiful! The quilting is amazing!

Pieces of Cotton said...

Just stunning - this should be on display somewhere

Linda said...

Beautiful work, Marcia. Thanks for sharing the details...

Heather said...

Aww... what a guy! That is such a work of art, Marcia. Gorgeous!!

CARMEN said...

your Barn is fenomenal , congrats.
http://itseams.blogspot.com/

Cherise said...

I absolutely LOVE your barn!!! You did such an amazing job! It's so beautiful! Thanks for sharing it! :)

My Hobby World said...

Have a great work.Clean and beautiful.Striking...Very very very good...:):)

Aimee said...

Wow, just wow. Stunning piece of work. You did an amazing job.

Sara said...

Sweet hubby make sure you keep a tight reign on him;)

Love the rooster and windmill!

Honey at 2805 said...

This is an amazing quilt, Marcia! Thank you for sharing your tips and creativity at Potpourri Friday!

Suzanne said...

I'm in absolute awe. I tried my first landscape quilt about a year ago. I can see I have a long way to go. You are so talented.

Sarah Craig said...

Oh my gosh, that's completely amazing!! Whoop whoop!!

Carla said...

Love it! My birthday is Monday if it needs a home. Just kidding but I love the quilting and the barn.

Miss Hillbilly said...

I really love it!!! I do. And so nice of Ritch to want to build it for you.