Thursday, February 2, 2012

Charms for a Valentine's Table Runner with Lazy Daisy Quilting

I quilted my table runner with diagonal wavy lines and an eight petal "lazy daisy" - I call it Lazy Daisy Quilting.  Here's a before photo. It's ready to quilt. There are 11 rows in length by 3 rows wide. I used the 5 inch quilter's blenders charm squares and added a floral print. A total of 33 squares. So simple, yet so pretty!
I started the quilting with the wavy lines and the daisies running in one direction.
Added my name and the year in the corner.
Then I quilted the wavy lines in the other diagonal direction.
Took it off the quilting rollers and trimmed the edges.  The table runner measures approximately 14" by 50". 
Flipped it over to show the back.

 And an up close photo of the lazy daisy.
I love the Lazy Daisy Quilting! Fun and whimsical!

I used an 80/20 Batting (80% cotton and 20% poly).  It is a perfect batting for a table runner.  Lays nice and flat and is machine washable!
Got the binding ready.
I will roll it up until Saturday morning, when I will machine embroidery stitch the binding. Update: Completed the Embroidery <---Click here.
Then it will be ready for my table for Valentine's Day!
Happy Valentine's Day - Early!
Marcia
Kit available - Special Limited time offer. 
Table Runner Kit: 
Includes 33 Charm Squares with binding and backing fabric, plus 80/20 batting.
ONLY $15.00 plus $6.00 shipping US only. 

To order email at Marcia@craftysewing.com

Email me - It still may be available -- just ask me!

Linked with: Links here and All the Buttons with links are on My Linky Parties - Where I Share Page  also.

20 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

It is beautiful! I love it. So simple too. Your quilting, is as always, so pretty.

thea said...

Beautiful quilting!

Lori said...

Will be waiting to see how you do the binding.

Katie said...

fun quilting!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful runner and I really love the way you quilted it! I can't wait to try that!

Larri said...

Pretty runner! I have some charms ready to go for a Valentine runner. Hope to stitch it up tomorrow. Happy FTF! ☺

Suzanne said...

Look at all those daisies! Your quilting is beautiful. Love the color combos too.

Heather said...

LOVE that lazy daisy quilting, and the table runner is so cheerful! I just emailed you that my quilt top is on its way. I'm so excited! I don't know if you always stitch your name into your quilting, but I'd love for you to do it on mine. :o)

Marlene said...

That is lovely. The Lazy Daisy quilting, although you say is simple, is gorgeous and finishes it off nicely.

Shay said...

It's gorgeous and the quilting is just perfect!

Valentines day isnt the big thing in Australia that it seems to be in the US ...maybe I should make myself a table runner though!

Michelle said...

Your quilting is so awesome! I'm going to bookmark your page in hopes that I can reproduce the design.

Carolyn J. said...

Love the quilting design and the colors too!

Sarah Craig said...

What a pretty runner! I love your quilting design, too! Whoop whoop!!

Honey at 2805 said...

It's lovely! I need to check in on your music inspired quilt to see if it's finished!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Potpourri Friday!

Richard Healey said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and linking up. I love the quilting on that. I tried to FMQ this last week and sadly wife told me to stop lol it was that bad. Yours looks amazing.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

great job! Love your lazy daisy!
Whoop Whoop!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Your table runner is very pretty! Thank you for linking up and linking back to catch as catch can
gail

ThreeOldKeys said...

i love those daisies ... they might be "lazy" but they do double duty as hearts ...

this is a beauty, thanks for sharing!

Jodi - usairdoll said...

Love your runner! Your quilting is Awesome!!

Diann said...

This turned out so cute. I love the Lazy Daisy pattern! Thank you for joining TTF last week! I hope you are having a wonderful day!