Monday, April 20, 2015

Improv Piecing and Quilting for the Off Season Project Quilting Challenge

Spontaneous or Improv Piecing is a way of creating by piecing strips and pieces together in a random method to form a quilt block and/or a quilt. I made a table runner.


I started with a colorful center and rounded it with various strips and pieces of cream fabrics to form rectangular blocks. 






Then I randomly put it together lengthwise to make a table runner.



It is ready to quilt.
A photo "Before the Improv Quilting" and...


... a photo "After the Improv Quilting".


It's almost quilted.


After the quilting was complete I stitched the binding.


Several years ago, I created my Textures Quilt Pattern. It is an organized way to create an artsy quilt. It is available on Craftsy.com in My Craftsy Store.

Visit Marcia Wachuta - Crafty Sewing and Quilting's Craftsy Pattern Store »




I used the same construction method to create my Spontaneous or Improv Quilted Table Runner.










A few photos of the backside.












What a fun challenge!  Thanks again Kim for challenging me!

I am linking up my quilted project at Persimmons Dreams for the April Off Season Challenge.  We have the whole month to create during the off season.  Click on the link to see all of the completed projects so far .... and then go back at the end of April to see all of them!  Click HERE.









Remember to take time for you during the May for Me Celebration!

Click here!

and 

Click here for the Pre - Giveaway!

Enjoy!

Marcia




4 comments:

Sue said...

Very creative, love it....the flowers are really cool! Nice to see you out and about the other night!

Maite - vitoma said...

Una maravilla, me encanta.
Bss.

Michele said...

It turned out wonderful and I love the quilting designs that you used.

Anonymous said...

The quilting is marvelous! Great job!