Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Quilt Project for Project Quilting --- The next steps!!!

After work today I completed the quilt top - tomorrow after work I will quilt it!! Yippee...Here is how I got to this point... follow the steps below....

Selected the final fabrics for Project Quilting.

Cut strips in random sizes from 1 3/4 inch to 3 inches.
Lay them out to see how it will look....



Sew strips on one side of the block.

Sew strips on one side of the block.
Square up block at an angle to 6 1/2 inch square.

Lay them out in random order.. I changed the order many times before sewing them together. I should have just picked them up in any order and sewed them!

Sew the rows together unevenly to offset them.

More photos in the my Photo Gallery.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Great work! can't wait to see it finished.

Chris Daly said...

Great idea. Love this quilt top!

Fiber Babble said...

ohmygosh, what a happy, happy quilt! Thanks so much for sharing your journey. Good job!! :-)