Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Do You Need a Dish to Pass for a Pot Luck this Weekend?


How about a refreshing Cherry Coke Jello!
 Yes, I ate the first serving of jello!
 Here's the Recipe!
I had to adapt mine a little.  I had a bottle of Cherry Coke instead of a can, so I added less water and the whole bottle.  I didn't have a large Jello, so I used two small boxes.



 I stirred the coke and the jello - it bubbles up and then I added the cherry pie filling.
 Love the way it foamed and bubbled up!



The foam settles down after being chilled in the refrigerator.
Then add the cool whip.  It looks like I used the whole container, but I didn't - just a little over half of it.


This would make a great dish to pass at a potluck this weekend and it was fun and easy to make!

In addition to eating, I plan to sew a Red, White, and Blue Zig Zag Quilt this weekend! The quilt will look great with my jello!
Are you making a Zig Zag Quilt for the Challenge? It is fun and easy to make!

This is a recipe from my Mom.  Thanks Mom!

Enjoy your weekend!
Marcia
My Blog Post have affiliate adds about Cooking, Sewing and Quilting just for you!

      

8 comments:

Snoodles said...

This looks yummy....of course, it would look great to me since I am crazy about anything cherry! LOL Thanks for the recipe!!

VickiT said...

Oh that looks yummy. I wonder how that would work if you put it into a graham cracker pie shell. Does it get thickened enough to be able to cut it like a pie?

My husband drinks nothing but Cherry Pepsi although he drinks the diet and I'm sure diet may not work as well.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Sound yummy Marcia!

Carrie P. said...

very interesting recipe!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

OK - you have given me my desert for our Quilt Guild picnic in two weeks! Thank you!

Miss Hillbilly said...

This looks so good. And easy. I really want to try it!

Sherry said...

That really looks great, I hope to try it this weekend.

Judith said...

Sounds like yum! I would love to try it....Thanks for sharing....Judith, Texas