Thursday, August 16, 2012

Getting Up Close to My Quilting AND my Family

This is my favorite photo (so far), from the wedding of my daughter, Jewels and Rad. Makes me want to lift them both up and hug them! So happy!

It was a beautiful day!  It had been so hot the day before (90 something and humid), but the weather broke and it cooled to about 82.  There was a breeze.

I am not a writer. . .  I am a quilter, so bare with my choppy words, as I share about the wedding and the table runners.  Jewels asked me to make seven quilted table runners. 

She wanted them in greens and creams with kind of a vintage look.  I was to make them all different. Even different sizes.


I made some with tea dye muslin and some with cream muslin.  One of them, I used a white on white tiny flowered fabric. Nothing was to match.  All unique!





Some I quilted with a looser meandering with leaves  and others were tighter.  I really enjoyed making them!


Jewels asked us to collect assorted vintage plates for her wedding.  Our friend, Bette took on the task. She selected a beautiful collection of dinner and cake plates.








The flower arrangements on the tables were created with wild flowers and displayed in vintage blue canning jars.  They really looked great with the plates!























And now a few wedding photos.  We don't have any professional ones yet... so these are some we all took during the ceremony and reception.

Walking Jewels down the aisle.



This next photo --- I took holding the camera on my lap!
 Jewel's Siblings       Jewels and Rad        Rad's Siblings
Jewels and Rad had their sisters and brothers be their attendants. Another thing that I thought was so cool.


 A photo with Grandma Joanne as the cake top is a vintage cake topper from her wedding.







Here is a photo someone took of my Mom, when we were having our photo taken with Jewels and Rad.



I hope you enjoyed getting up close with my quilting and my family too!

Enjoy your day!
Marcia

21 comments:

Grammasheri said...

Ohhh...such lovely photos of a beautiful event. Thank you for sharing them!

Belinda said...

Everyone and everything was beautiful!! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful event with us!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Beautiful wedding. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just lovely - thank you for sharing.

Debbie said...

So beautiful, Marcia! Congratulations to everyone!

Teresa F. said...

What a wonderful day it must have been. Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing.

Marsha said...

What a very special part you played in this lovely outdoor wedding! What did the bride do with the runners after the wedding? Keep them all herself or give them to special people in her life? This was one of your best posts!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Beautiful, and I love the table runners and vintage plates.
I just made table runners and chair ties for my sons wedding..but out of burlap! (I like the look of yours...but brides choice !!) you can see the burlap here: http://butterflyquilting.blogspot.ca/2012/07/the-wedding-was-perfect.html

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a lovely day. I love your runners and the idea of the vintage china. Just beautiful!!!

Carrie P. said...

thanks for sharing the lovely photos. the first picture is so sweet. The tables are great too.

Linda said...

What a beautiful wedding !!! Thank you so for sharing... I love the runners, the china, and flowers... Just lovely.

VickiT said...

Wonderful pictures of the wedding. LOVE the mossy looking green on the runners. Beautiful shade. It looks like it all turned out really well.

Love Of Quilts said...

Just love the table runners and vintage plates. What a lovely wedding.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! The quilting stand out and add beauty in the reception. great job!
Organization Accessories

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Beautiful! If these are the every day pics I'm sure the professional ones will be stunning.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Looks like it was a wonderful wedding day. Your mother is looking great. Glad she is doing better and better.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Such a beautiful wedding! I love the idea of the table runners. Just lovely!

Paulette said...

What a beautiful wedding day for your lovely daughter and husband. Everything seems perfect! I just love the vintage touches and your quilted runners. Her dress is gorgeous as well.

PersimonDreams said...

Looks like such a wonderful day! thanks for sharing the photo's with us :)

Carla said...

Looks like it was a lovely day and wedding. That cake topper was really pretty.

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

It must've been a wonderful wedding Marcia! Your table toppers looked great! And what a nice touch putting Grandma's cake topper on the wedding cake :) Congratulations to the newlyweds!