Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Can You Slice and Stitch?

Update: The Slice and Stitch Quilt Block Tutorial is now available at Craftsy.com as a PDF Downloadable Pattern for Only $1.00.  Click Here.


I needed to make a table runner from this fabric, because it matched this cool plate. 



Found a striped fabric that would blend well.

I cut strips and started slicing --- Here is the link to the original post on "How to slice and stitch."  








When I created this table runner, I ran out of daylight!




Then I quilted.  I outline stitched a few of the flowers with a meandering in the background.  





I wiggle line quilted through the strips.



Stitched in my name and the year.



I love to take photos of these beautiful tomatoes. The colors are incredible! and they are not blue!  You know how I love BLUES...








Yes, I know I need to do the binding... I started it this afternoon.  I'll share it another day, along with the mug rugs I made with the leftover scraps.





Take to enjoy the colors around you...
Marcia 
"How to slice and stitch." 

7 comments:

sew.darn.quilt said...

What a great runner and tutorial.
The mug rugs look cute too! =)
My lovelty fabrics arrived today, the colours are incredible and the card is very beautiful.
Thank you again =D

Linda said...

What a happy table runner! The colors are pretty too. Sort of fall-ish but better :)

Carrie P. said...

simple but very snazzy. Great fall colors too. Are you growing parsley too?

Belinda said...

Oh I love it!!! You get so much done!

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

It looks awesome Marcia! What's the big piece of fabric you started with? I love the pattern!

Needled Mom said...

Very nice. It looks perfect with the plate too.

Lida said...

It looks great the runner as well as the plate! Love the colours! Greetings
Lida