Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday --- Tea Pot Cozy

My daughter asked me if I would make her a quilted tea pot cozy.

She likes owl fabric and I love blues!  Perfect!

I quilted the fabric on my long arm quilting machine with a small meandering and added my name and the year. I searched and found the instructions on how to make a tea pot cozy. (link at the end of this post). I somewhat followed the instructions with a few changes of my own.  I used their measurements and that worked out perfectly.

I added a larger loop on the top, so it would fit over a big cupboard knob.

When I quilted the fabric for the cozy the strip of fabric was longer than I needed for the cozy, so I made a little hot pad for the tea pot. I used 80/20 cotton/poly Hobbs batting. I could have used 100% cotton or even a heat resistant batting.

 While I was making my tea cozy, I hummed --- "tea for two and two for tea...."

If I were a tea drinker,  I would love this quilted tea cozy and hot pad.  I am sure my daughter will love it.

Enjoy your day!

Here is the link to the Tea Cozy Instructions on Sew We Quilt Blog.


Babs said...

that turned out really CUTE!!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a pretty set...your daughter will love it!!!

Sheila said...

It is lovely Marci, and I am sure will get lots of use :-)

Barb said...

Great fabric - I like it! A winner, for sure. Merry Christmas!

Altax said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Kids Games

rubyslipperz said...

I really like your tea cozy. I finally got a "real" tea pot, for Christmas I was using an Mason jar to steep my tea leaves in the hot water =P