Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday - The Leaf Block

Today Kim at Persimon Dreams shared the next block for the My Favorite Block Quilt Along

It's a Leaf Block.  

I read the instructions early this morning, I gathered some strips and laid them out by my sewing machine, so when I took a break from work, I could sew a few together. Well actually a stitched a few together right away.



When I took my lunch break a stitched a few more together and ended up with two strip sets. I was planning to make both a 12 1/2 inch block and a 6 1/2 inch block, but I ended up only making a 6 1/2 inch block.



I followed the instructions for the Leaf Block provided by Little Birdie Quilting Studio.  Her instructions have lots of photos and are easy to understand.
Thank you to Little Birdie Quilting Studio for sharing!



I am really enjoying learning a couple new blocks every other week.  It is the off week of Project Quilting.



The instructions say to hand stitch, but I decided to machine stitch mine with a tiny stretch stitch.



Here is an up close photo, so you can see how it looks.



My Leaf Block is completed.


 I'll save the strip sets to make another Leaf Block later. I will 3 hole punch the instructions and put them into my binder.



On Thursday, Kim will share another quilt block.  I looked at the list  and it is a Wonky Star Block.

You can see all the blocks that have been constructed so far, on the Flicker Group for the My Favorite Block Quilt Along.  Still time to catch up if you want to join in the fun!

When I share my next block, (after Thursday) I will take another photo of all the blocks together.  

Remember to take time to play!
Marcia


Sharing at my Minutes for Me Linky Party

My Favorite Block Quilt Along

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I scared my fur babies with my outburst of laughter - I have so many of those blue fabrics!! I have yet to play with the leaf block - hopefully tomorrow. I'm thinking four 6" blocks for this one.

PersimonDreams said...

Love it! the stretch stitch is perfect. I opted to blanket stitch mine on. I made two 6.5" right now..I'm thinking more down the road as I accumulate more scraps from the fabric set I'm using on my blocks. Thanks for always posting about my site and all! You rock!

Maite - vitoma said...

Muy bonito.
Bss.