Sunday, January 20, 2019

A Christmas Tree Quilt for My Sofa


I am in a Facebook Group, where we have a quilt block lottery once a month.  It's called "Swapping Sisters".  We are currently doing a "Sew Along". 

Here's how the Quilt Block Lottery works:  
At the beginning of the month, they post the quilt block we are making. You sign up to make one or two or up to four quilt blocks.  You make them and take a photo and post that you have completed your quilt block or blocks.  At the end of the month, they have a drawing. Your name is entered as many times as you make blocks (up to 4) . If you lose, you mail your quilt blocks to the winner (all in the US).  If you win, everyone mails you their quilt blocks. Over the past 3 years, I have won 4 times!!!

My original intent was to force myself to make the quilt block, as I do not normally make traditional quilts, so this way, I would learn a new quilt block every month.  I like learning new things.

In July, I won these Christmas tree Quilt Blocks.  Of course, the blue one is mine!






After I quilted it, I took a few photos on the bed.  It could be a bed quilt too.




But I like it best on my sofa!




I made a couple fun sequin fabric pillows for my grandchildren to throw on the sofa.



They LOVED it!




Me too!



Here's the link to my post about my Grandmother's buttons that I stitched onto Crazee Patch Velvet Pillows.




  

Christmas is over, so it's time to flip my Sofa Quilt over! It's reversible!


Enjoy your day!

Marcia

3 comments:

Kathy E. said...

Your Christmas Tree quilt is beautiful! With the white fabric encircling them, it's like they are standing out in a snowy forest. The sequin pillows are the perfect touch!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is a beautiful quilt, and I love that it is reversible. My sofa is asking for a sofa quilt now.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilt. I used your Crazee Heart pattern to make a table runner earlier this month. It is now headed to Senegal (Africa).