Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Turn Your Favorite Bag Front Panel into a Quilted Wall Hanging




Here's how I made it!












Trim edges.




Need to back it with fabric.




I used Lite Heat and Bond to attach the fabric to the back of the burlap panel.


I pressed/ironned it on the fabric.


Peeled the paper off.




Then press/iron it onto the burlap.






Trim again and add the border fabric.






I did the sewing of the texture background at our camper.


Yes I have a sewing room in our camper. We eat outside!



I assembled the the background fabric using my Texture Quilt Pattern. It is available on Craftsy.com as a PDF Downloadable Pattern.





Finished the quilt top!


It's ready to quilt.


I thread painted on the dragon flies to outline their wings and body. I Pebble quilted on the burlap with wavy lines in the border.


I quilted loopy loops all over the background.














A little hand stitching for the hanging sleeve.











My customer posted a photo on facebook for me to see it in her Hair Salon. 

She said:
"Here's the beauty!!! #Dragonflyburlapbag Gone Wild!!!!
By Marcia Wachuta"


"This is hung by a "unfinished" walking stick that Jer is making out of a cedar tree that we cut.., it's a temporary piece... just wanted to get it hung!!!♡♡"

I love to create for my customers! 

Other quilts that I created using my Texture Quilt Pattern to create the patterned background. Links are under each photo.

Born to Quilt

Contemplation

Daisies for Grandmama


Texture Quilt Pattern available on Craftsy.com as a PDF Downloadable Pattern.
Enjoy your day!

Marcia

No comments: