Saturday, October 13, 2012

Getting Up Close with My Quilting - Special Area Quilting

Special Area Quilting is quilting that enhances the details of a quilt.  This quilt is a perfect example of several different kinds of detailed quilting. 


I combined meandering with little flowers, wavy lines, and swirls all quilted just in the right spots. 


The quilting creates movement and texture throughout the quilt. 








I chose a cream quilting thread for the cream and pink fabrics and a rose color for the dark pink fabric.


I quilted this quilt last week for Barbara from Cat Patches Blog.  She just received it today in the mail.


 Barbara posted photos today too on her blog - Cat Patches. Hop over and check it out.























 The front and the back of the quilt.








Barbara won a $30.00 off the Quilting Gift Certificate this summer from me.  We set a date for the quilting and she mailed it to me.  
I love quilting quilts with special area quilting. They are so much fun!





Enjoy your day!
Marcia

21 comments:

VickiT said...

Wow Marcia! That's awesome. She will be thrilled at the finished quilt I'm sure. She did a beautiful job on that one.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

You took a gorgeous quilt and made it an amazing quilt. So fun to admire!

20 North Ora said...

Beautiful work!!

Judy

paqui said...

Qué cosa más bonita !!! el acolchado está impresionante !!!!!
Besitos

Anonymous said...

HELLO! SUCH BEAUTIFUL STITCHING BY HAND AND MACHINE! JUST BEAUTIFUL AND THANKS FOR SHARING WITH US!

msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

Rosa said...

It`s absolutely fabulous and the quilting is awesome!!

Jilly said...

This is the loveliest quilt I have seen. Gorgeous. I am new to quilting and have so much to learn.

sew.darn.quilt said...

I can really see what you mean with how you've quilted Barbara's treasure. The movementand the texturing and the ideas that just seem to "fit" a particular place (the curly q's with the pinwheels) are wonderful. Next time I sit down to quilt, I'm going to try to implement some of your ideas.
Thank you for sharing :)

Dora, the Quilter said...

You did such wonderful quilting that makes this so very special. I love all the different designs you used. This is an example of why quilting is my favorite part of a quilt!

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

The quilt looks fantastic Marcia! The spectacular quilting adds so much dimention and texture to it. I love the part where you quilted the pebbles on the road and decreased the sizes to create depth. I also loved the detail in the girl's hair. Gorgeous! Your pictures are awesome!

LJ said...

This quilt is totally fantastic. Just love all the specialized quilting you did on it. That stitching certainly made the redwork even more wonderful. Just GRAND!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh my Gosh!! Just lovely addition to a beautiful quilt to make it a 'one-of-a-kind'!!

Barb Neiwert said...

Your quilting was perfect for those blocks - love it!

Elisabetta said...

I just love this quilt and your quilting is simply perfect!
both of you made a great job, thumbs up ^_^

Katie M. said...

I really like the way you quilted the embroidered squares - your quilting make them come to life. Beautiful quilting for a beautiful quilt.

Love Of Quilts said...

Your quilting really added to the quilt she should be thrilled with it.

Cherie said...

Wow what amazing quilting! It really adds a unique texture to those areas =D

Olinda said...

Fantastic!

Olinda said...

Fantastic!

Sandy Panagos said...

Your quilting really makes that quilt come alive. It's really beautiful.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great job on Barbara's quilt.