Monday, August 19, 2013

My First Sunflower Block of 38 Blocks

I am participating in a Sunflower Block Exchange through facebook.  I need to make 38 blocks by February 2014.


I am sharing a photo today of my first block.  I created a quilt block that I have named Starry Sunflower.


I will share the pattern for the quilt block at a later date. I will be working on the 37 quilt blocks very soon.


I have cut all the fabric parts for the 37 blocks and it is ready to sew!



I am so excited that I completed block one!  37 to go!


A friend brought me this lovely bouquet of sunflowers from her garden, last week.  It was perfect for taking photos of my first quilt block for the exchange.


May your day be as sunny as these sunflowers!
Marcia

6 comments:

Bev said...

That is sew pretty .

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How inspiring - very pretty flowers and a very pretty block.

Sandy Panagos said...

Love your block!!!

Margaret said...

I love your blocks. Thanks for sharing

Rosebud said...

Your block is absolutely stunning. I do hope you'll share the pattern with us. I think it's the mixture of the very small patchwork center, the "petals" and their color plus the combination of it all. Thank you for showing it to us and please don't forget the pattern. But we know you're quite busy trying to get the rest of your sunflowers completed by that certain date. Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

I was raised in Kansas so I know a bit about sunflowers. You have done a great job of creating a pieced block. The center really looks like the seeds. I can't wait for the pattern. (I now live in VA and we have 'some' sunflowers.