Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Getting Up Close with Paisley Swirl Quilting

Erin was the other winner of the two $50.00 winners from the "My Favorite Block Quilt Along" that was hosted by Kim at Persimon Dreams. Erin posts at Fallergirl Blog.


Erin chose pink and blue prints along with some batik fabrics for her quilt. There are a variety of light and medium and dark fabrics.  She did not put lattice in between the blocks, which gives her quilt a modern look.
  

Erin requested over all quilting and she wanted a a bright pink thread used for the quilting. I got out some of the pinks and reds just to see which one would be best. 


I like to start with several and then narrow it down. I moved them over to another quilt block to see what they look like on each color.


This one is the best!


and it looks the best here too!  The color is New Raspberry.


Started quilting --- Love the New Raspberry for the quilting thread! Looks great on the pink batik and perfect on the lighter prints too.


I love that Erin combined tiny prints and batiks. She has inspired me to combine my tiny blue prints with my batik fabrics.  I will share what I am doing with those fabrics in October. I am planning it for one of my quilt retreat projects. Thanks Erin for the inspiration.


You can see Erin's backing fabric in both of these photos - A grey animal print.  It looks fantastic for the backing! It's a busy print and the pink thread looks perfect on it.


I got a nice photo at an angle and up close to the paisley swirls.





The Paisley Swirl Quilting flows through the blocks, thus softening the straight lines of the blocks.


I love the combining of the batiks with the prints! Really makes the blocks pop!









Hop over and see Erin at Fallergirl. Tell her you saw her "My Favorite Block" Quilt Along Quilt!

Enjoy your day!

Marcia

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Another beautiful quilt beautifully quilted. Love the backing. The thread color is perfect.

erin said...

awesome Marcia! I am putting the binding on it right now. I absolutely love the quilting you did, and the blog post makes me feel like a rockstar! (ha ha) thanks for doing such an awesome job!

jan said...

The quilt and the quilting looks awesome. Great job. I love that raspberry thread.
xo jan@sewandsowfarm

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I LOVE the new raspberry thread! I need to order it!!!!