Saturday, September 28, 2013

Getting Up Close with Special Area Quilting


This quilt needed lots of special area quilting. The main part of the quilt is suppose to look like a doggie quilt that the four dogs are sleeping under.  I quilted that with a large meandering and dog bones.


I quilted the hair of each dog using wiggle lines, swirls, wavy lines, and little loops.






I quilted crackled wiggle lines on the dog bones.


You can see on the back of the quilt in the next couple photos.  I quilted the last border of the quilt with paisley swirls.  The narrow border was quilted with loops and wiggle lines.




Wavy lines for the hair on this dog.


It's fun to see the quilting on the back side too!


Look at the curly hair on this dog!













It was a fun quilt to quilt.  My customer loved it!


Special Area Quilting makes a really cool quilt.  It's fun and whimsical!

Enjoy!

Marcia

Update: Found a link to the pattern through Quiltmaker Magazine.
Click here.

8 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh my that is too cute!

Barb Neiwert said...

What a great quilt to begin with, and your quilting has enhanced it completely! Fun, fun.

Jocelyn said...

This is just too cute!!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

This is so cute! Great quilting too!

Lori said...

This is adorable!

Tami C said...

This is absolutely adorable!

Linda said...

I love this, it is so cute! My grandkids would love this....

Sandy Panagos said...

What a darling quilt! Of course, your customer loved it. The quilting looks great, too.