Monday, February 3, 2014

Getting Up Close with My Quilting - Wavy Line Quilting

Sometimes a quilt just needs a Wavy Line Quilting.


I waved in and out of the sections, following the design of the strips. 






Flipping the back to the front.






Another full view.




I quilted a second wavy line on the second line on both sides of the quilt, to give it a border or edging. It is easier to see it on the back side of the quilt.







Wavy Line Quilting isn't for every quilt, but it was perfect for this one.  My customer had seen something similar, but not as wavy.  The waviness of the lines shadowed the strips with an echoing effect. 

Enjoy!

Marcia

1 comment:

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Looks so simple but so effective! I'll have to try this sometime. Not sure I can do it as evenly as you. I'll have to practice! Thanks for the idea!