Monday, November 2, 2015

Celebrating Quilts From the Past in November

I will be sharing quilts from the past --- my past, in November, here and on instagram and periscope and on facebook. See all my links in the sidebar.

I made this Prairie Star Quilt back in 2006 at a quilt retreat - Quilts by Barb's Retreat.  Barb's sister, Diane Lapacek designed the quilt. 

I made the Prairie Star Quilt for my Mom. We unfolded it as it had been on the shelf for the summer and put it out on her bed. 


While I was visiting my Mom this past weekend, I took several photos of it and other quilts in her home. Where does time go?  Seems like I just made it!




It was a fun quilt to make and I have just ordered the quilt pattern from Diane to have in my Quilt Studio for my customers and I should have it available by mid November.


Please don't look too closely at my quilting as I quilted it way back in 2006 when it was my first years of longarm quilting.  


I love the way it has aged and is all crumpled and cuddly! 



I really had fun with the lazy daisy quilting and the swirls and wiggle lines back then too.


These are the 3 wall hangings that she has above her bed.  I will share about the Tulip Quilt later in November.


These were 2 little wall hangings that I made from a paper pieced pattern back in 2005 or 2006.


All of November, I will be sharing quilts from my past in a celebration of my birthday month. Tentatively, on my birthday (November 24th) I will will be "re sharing" my first quilt. I made it in 1981. I will be taking new and better photos this month.  I made a beautiful blue and yellow "Quilt as You Go Log Cabin Quilt". Here is the link to the post when I shared it in 2011, if you want to hop over and see it right now.



Thanks for following along!

Marcia

No comments: