Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thread Painting on Batik Fabrics

I shared Thread Painting on Batiks for my second Periscope Video (Nov. 5th) Click here for the Replay of the videos.  



My Orange Quilt is from 2008. I am sharing Quilts from My Past in November. The photos of the quilts above were made and quilted in 2008 with the exception of the Pinwheel Quilt.  It was created for 2015 for the Focus Through the Prism Series for Project Quilting.  In the sidebar of my blog, there is a link to the post about how I created and thread painted the Pinwheel Quilt. Click here for the link to that post. I shared a photo, each time I changed colors. 



When I created my periscope video, I explained how I thread painted on the quilts. I shared the original fabric.


The larger quilt and the magazine bag were just quilted fabric and the Pinwheel Quilt was pieced. I cut the batik fabric into squares and mixed them up and pieced it back together.  It scattered the flowers and then they overlapped. 

To make it easier to show the quilts during the video, I layered them on my cutting table and shared each one and then moved it over to the side.



I zoomed in on the thread painted flowers, so you can see a few up close photos.






It took me about 3 months to complete the Thread Painting on the large quilted quilt.  I only quilted during my free time --- after work, at the end of my quilting day.  I quilt customer's quilts during the day, Monday through Friday.  I quilt my quilts in the evenings and on Saturdays.









Thanks for following along as I share my quilts from the past. 

Don't forget to hop over and check out the replay of my videos at Kacth.me Click here to go directly to the website to view my videos.

After I made the second video, I decided to make a 3rd really short one of me quilting Paisley Swirls -- Longarm Quilting in action.  Check that video too. Click here

Enjoy!  
Marcia

No comments: