Sunday, March 25, 2018

Scrappy Hot Pad


I created a Scrappy Hot Pad for the Project Quilting Challenge - SCRAPtastic! 

I love being inspired by the Project Quilting Challenges!


I used a combination of two of my patterns to create this Scrappy Hot Pad.  My Scrappy Squares Place Mat and my Quilt as You Sew Hot Pad. Both are in My Online PDF Downloadable Pattern Store. 

Click here for the link to my Pattern Scrappy Squares Place Mat Tutorial Only  $4.00


Click here for the link to my Quilt as you Sew Hot Pad Only $4.00

I used the Heat Resistant Batting for my Hot Pad.



I stitched the squares on with a tiny stretch stitch. I think it looks better than the straight stitch.



I stitched a fold over binding --- If you need instructions on how to do this you can find it on my website: Quilt as You Sew Hot Pad PDF Downloadable Pattern.  


It looks great with my old Corningware dishes!









I linked up for Project Quilting over at Persimons Dreams for the Project Quilting Challenge - SCRAPtastic!


Enjoy your day!

Marcia

2 comments:

Janie Bettis said...

Nice, Marcia! You inspire me to branch out with something similar.

Mel Beach said...

What a lovely complement to your corning dishware!!