Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Scraps --- Leftovers from My Quilt Blocks

I have made some extra blocks for the Quilt Along from my fabrics scraps.

When I constructed the Broken Square Block,  I accidentally cut too many pieces and ended up sewing extra flying geese.  I moved them around and came up with this.



I created a 8 1/2 inch quilt block.


That won't fit with the 6 1/2 inch and the 12 1/2 inch blocks.  I will add borders to make it a 12 1/2 inch block.




Cool!  I used up the scraps and I will add it to the quilt.

There were a few more pieces.  I created another block that needs borders too.



If I don't use the extra blocks in the quilt top, I can create a table runner or table topper.  They are all my favorite colors.

Remember the Extra Quilt Blocks I created.




I used the extra 2 inch pieces from the Churn Dash Blocks.




And recently, I found this block at a resale shop. It was a quilt I made years ago.  Planning to add that one in too.



I am sure I will make a few more blocks to add to my quilt in the next week using more of the little fabric scraps that are leftover. 

Enjoy your day!
Marcia

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Your blocks are always so beautiful Marcia.

Sheila said...

Beautiful blocks. Cleaver you :)

Sheila said...

Oops. My bad. "Clever" you. I must try that block.