Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Getting up Close with My Quilting - Paisley Swirls

Overall Paisley Swirl Quilting is perfect for a modern quilt.


 I freestyle quilt the paisley swirls.  It is not done by a computer.  I can make them large, medium, and small OR a combination of large and small.  I quilt the paisley swirls so that they go in and out of each other to reverse the direction of the swirls. Look closely at the photos and you can see how I make a few curved sections, that help me reverse the direction of the swirls.


My customer wanted her name and the year stitched into the corner. Many of my customers choose this option.  

I stitch my name into my own quilts, that way I do not need to add a label.  On my own quilts, I sometimes stitch more information. Example: the name of the quilt OR Made with love by Marcia for __________. And I always add the year.

On the baby quilts, I make, I stitch the baby's name and birth date and year.

I love the stitching lettering in the quilting.


In this photo, you can see the curved sections, up close.  I create them to fill the space and reverse the direction of the swirls.


And a full view!




I flipped the quilt over. It's as cool on the backside!




I love how the quilting creates motion in the quilt with the Paisley Swirls. Gives it a modern look!


Do you want to see more Paisley Swirly Quilting? --- Click on the label at the end of the post.
Do you want to see more of my Up Close Quilting? --- Click on the label at the end of the post.

The Labels start with this post and then keep clicking "older posts" at the bottom and you can get all of them that are tagged/labeled "Paisley Swirly Quilting" or "Up Close Quilting" posts.

I love sharing!

Enjoy!

Marcia

5 comments:

Diane E W said...

Very nice. I have been practicing something very similar. Love free motion designs. Love your work. Thanks for sharing

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Very pretty

Gina said...

Love the idea of quilting your name and date into the quilt instead of a label. Lovely quilt and great quilting xxx

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very nice!

Michele said...

It really looks fantastic!