Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Focus Through the Prism is the Project Quilting Theme for the Next Seven Months

Check out the details over at Persimon Dreams for the all the Project Quilting Challenge Information for the Quilting Challenges.

For the next seven challenges, we are to use one color from the Cherrywood Hand Dyed Fabric Bundle. It is a ROYGBIV selection of fabrics.  It was a hard decision. See Saturday's post for photos of my selections of fabrics.


I selected green! It is my least favorite color, but I really liked the green print fabric.


I also selected some brighter greens (but I didn't use them) and a print with some blue in it.


I started cutting...


I made 3 UNEVEN Monkey Wrench Quilt Block and added some skinny strips in between - like a Tic Tac Toe grid.  I got the idea from laying the pieces out and it was ready to sew together and I thought it looked cool with the space in between. I cut a strip and I loved it!


Took photos of the steps. 

First, I made the 9 sections for an uneven Monkey Wrench Quilt Block and then I cut a 1 inch strip.

I added it to all the intersecting parts. See the photos.


One 2 sides of the corner blocks.



Stitch the center row together first.


Then the top and bottom rows.




I named the quilt block  "Tic Tac Toe Monkey Wrench"! 


I love it!

Next I made the quilt top --- 20" X 20" I actually cut it 20 1/2" by 20 1/2" as it will shrink up with the quilting.

Not going to share how I made the quilt top as I sewed it "Improv". I added a piece here and a piece there and trimmed and added another piece.


Now, I need to select which direction is the top and the bottom BEFORE I quilt it.  I always stitch in my name and the year in all my quilts. I need to decide where the bottom right hand corner is.

Please help me decide -- leave a comment  A, B, C, or D?
A

B

C

D
I am leaning towards C or D. I think A and B look too heavy on top!  Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Just a note about "COMMENTS" --- I can not reply to some of you as you are a NO - Reply Commenter -- Please check your settings as I want to reply.  Thanks!

May for Me Giveaway -- Click HERE There is one every week! Even if you have won a prize, you can enter each week!

Plus on Wednesday the Big Sew Mama Sew Giveaway starts!

Enjoying May, One day at a time!

Marcia

1 comment: