See all the details over at Persimon Dreams - Project Quilting.
Click here to see the post about creating my quilt top.
It was ready to quilt, so I selected a hand dyed blue and green fabric for the backing fabric. The fabric was purchased from Chris at Dye Candy Fabrics. I think it is perfect!
Next I selected the quilting thread. I knew I wanted to use at least 2 or 3 colors, so I laid out several to help me decide.
I selected a bright green and grass green and a dark green.
Since this is only a 20" by 20" wall hanging, I decided to use two layers of black 80/20 batting. This will give it firmness and highlight the quilting.
I started quilting with the background and quilted several Monkey Wrench designs. I used the dark green quilting thread on the black fabric. They are the missing Monkey Wrench Blocks!
In and around the Monkey Wrenches I quilted with Pebble Quilting.
On the Monkey Wrenches, I quilted with wiggle line quilting and quilted in the missing points of the Monkey Wrench Quilt Blocks.
I really had fun with the quilting!
Some cool photos of the backside!
I like it as much as the front side!
Of course I named it "The Missing Monkey Wrenches"!
It is ready to bind!
My husband cut a wood dowel 22 inches long for hanging it. But I don't think I will make the hanging sleeve til later as that needs to hand sewn on the back.
I can not link up this post for Project Quilting, yet, as I have to complete the binding. Stay tuned for another post with my finished quilt... soon... before the end of the month.
There is a Giveaway every week during May for the May for Me Celebration. Click here for the current Giveaway.
Enjoying May, one day at a time!