Monday, April 11, 2011

Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday - Pocket Purses, Calender Purses, Totebags, and Measurements

This yellow, black and white quilted tote bag started with a quilted piece of fabric that was about 24" X 34" .  I cut the body 19" by 24" and I cut two straps 4" X 24" and I cut an inside pocket 6" X 19". It measures about 16" across by 9" deep with a width of about 3-4".




































This is the pocket purse I made with the blue green bag.  Measurements of the quilted piece before folding and sewing is about 8" X 11". Patterns are available for purchase for the pocket purses.














Calendar Purse or Checkbook Purse was made along with the blue green tote bag.  A pattern is also available.














       
This blue green tote bag finished at 11" X 11"
I started with a quilted piece that was 25" X 35".  I cut the body of the purse 17" X 28" with 2 straps 4" X 25" and inside pockets.

See photos for measurements of finished bag.




This is the sketch or plan I used to cut my purse (see next photo).




Here is another quilted tote bag I made from a quilted piece of fabric that measured about 24" X 48".  I cut the body of the tote bag 24" X 40" and 2 straps 4" X 24".  I cut a small inside pocket from another  multicolored quilted piece.  The finished bag measures about 21" across by 18" deep.
 

I hope these photos and information inspires you to make your own quilted tote bag or purse.  This would be a great project for you to do for May for Me!

Several finished Tote bags are listed for sale at Quilted Tote Bags.

I also make custom bags just for you.  More photos in the Photo Gallery.
Several of the bags were made using Extra wide fabrics.
  
If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment and I will email you back.  
Or email me directly at Marcia@craftysewing.com












4 comments:

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

Question??? And it's from my husband.... He is asking where do you purchase your fabric? He's been on your blog studying... Sewing I am at a loss with - I can hem and stuff like that but what you guys do - I so wish...

Heather said...

Those are nice! I think I might be able to handle making one of the smaller ones. :)

Miss Hillbilly said...

Quilts made into bags are so awesome because they are one of a kind and there are so many choices!!

Anonymous said...

This is on my list for May for Me! Love your pocket purse, too! Really great job!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com