Monday, January 27, 2014

Getting Up Close With My Quilting --- Triple and Double Bubble Quilting

I used one color of quilting thread,(Trainer Green). I circled the bubbles at least twice and sometimes three and four times. I quilted large bubbles, medium bubbles, and small bubbles.


My customer said she started this quilt over 5 years ago.  She does not remember the name, but it was a quilt pattern from a Fons and Porter Magazine.  She added several borders to make it king size.


I take photos of customer's quilts on my guest bed.  It is queen size, but this quilt was 110" by 125". It was way too big for this bed!


I lifted up one corner.


I flipped it up so you can see the borders.


I folded it into fourths, so you can see the borders. Look how big it is on the queen size bed.


A few up close of the bubbles on the backside of the quilt.




And some more of the front.














I folded it up for shipping. My customer will be so happy when she receives it.


Enjoy!
Marcia

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is just awesome! What a huge quilt, but the color and pattern is just wonderful and the double bubble just works so beautifully on it. This must be heavy!!

Sew Surprising said...

My giddy aunt, I love the bubbles, really like the colours as well they work beautifully together.

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Love your color selection and the quilting goes so well. Beautiful!

Farm Quilter said...

Your customer will be thrilled. I love the bubble motif - way to use the fabric in the border as inspiration!!! Looks great!

Michele said...

Just fabulous! I love the circles on this.