Friday, February 6, 2015

Snow on My Quilt Top!


Yes that is snow on my quilt top! 


Yes it needs a good pressing, but I wanted to get some photos in the snow while the lighting was perfect.


The snow was perfect in my brother's backyard.





Don't try to figure out the pattern.  I created with the orphan blocks cut into 4 pieces and 2 inch squares and 2 1/2 inch squares. I tried to keep a little bit of a pattern to my rectangular blocks, but I had less of some and more of others. I just kept sewing them together.  One of the  rectangular blocks was stitched together upside down and I left it that way.  Maybe it adds a little interest! LOL

Click here for the link to post on how I made the rectangular quilt blocks.






Here is where I set up to sew in the evenings, this week, while I was visiting family.  Toby loved the view out the patio doors as he perched on the back of the sofa.  Thanks Mark and Julie for putting up with my sewing mess this week.


I am thinking of adding a border on Saturday.  Then I need to quilt it and bind it and get it completed by Sunday at noon to enter it in the Project Quilting Challenge.  

Wish me luck!

Oh and I need a name for it too! Any ideas? 

Thanks for following along!

Marcia

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a great quilt from some play time.

Chantal said...

These orphan blocks did find a second wind in this quilt. It very nice and Spring like. Resting on the snow like that it looks like Spring has sprouted. Maybe you can find a name along those lines: Spring, sprout, beginning ... Good luck with the challenge.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosemary B here:
I love this. You are so inspiring. I am sure your kids loved looking at your sewing mess. Every time my kids and their hubbs come over, they snoop around and ask questions. haha
The instant I looked at this quilt I thought "He leadeth me down green pastures"