Saturday, February 21, 2015

Up Cycle This - Sweatshirt!

When I am sewing something "just for fun", I take photos of each step, that way, I can remember how I made it, just in case it turns out and I want to make it again!

My husband was getting rid of some of his old work sweatshirts.  They were still in pretty good shape and I decided to "Up Cycle" one for me!




The rest of the post will be all photos -- Only a few words and no instructions.  As I was making this, I just flopped the shirt on the floor and took a photo of each step. I was not planning to post, but a friend asked me to share. 

If you sew or quilt it should be easy to understand if you view all 43 photos.  

I started with a size 2XL 100% cotton sweatshirt that fit me. Make sure if you make one that the sweatshirt fits you and your really like it, before you start.

This Up Cycle --- Sweatshirt is available in a PDF Downloadable Pattern at Craftsy.com for Only $1.00.
It's in My Craftsy Pattern Store Visit Marcia Wachuta - Crafty Sewing and Quilting's Craftsy Pattern Store »




























I zig zagged to join the strips.



 Then I topstitched it flat.








2 inch squares


















































That's it!  I "up cycled" my husband's sweatshirt!

Minutes for Me!

I love sharing!

Take some "Minutes for you" and have some fun!

Enjoy!

Marcia

2 comments:

Chantal said...

WOW!! Love this! Great idea, great job turned an old shirt into a great new top for you. Congrats!!

Unknown said...

Looks Great! Gave me an idea or two for few shirts I have. :)