Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I Love This Week's Project Quilting Challenge!

This Week's Quilt Challenge is named "UFO s and Orphan Block Challenge" - Click to check out the details

I started with some orphan blocks from my daughter's Squary Quilt.


Jewel's Squary Quilt
 And I have tons of scraps leftover from her quilt that I cut into 2" and 2 1/2" squares.


Not all green scraps. A few have purple flowers and a few are blue and some pink too.




I had to figure out how I wanted to cut up the Orphan Blocks.  The 2" squares stitched into a 4 patch measures 3 1/2" square.  The 2 1/2" squares stitched into a 4 patch measures 4 1/2" square.


I decided to cut it at 3 1/2" and add a 1 1/2 inch strip to the top side. 





Then I decided to add a strip the next side, which then measures 4 1/2" square.


But I needed it to measure 1" larger to fit in with the other blocks. See the next couple of photos.


This will be my quilt block - a rectangular block. 


It measures 9 1/4" by 7 1/4".




Now I need to get busy and stitch all of the squares into 4 patch blocks.




 Cool!  This is going to be fun!

If you have Orphan Blocks or UFO and you want to join in the fun check out the Project Quilting Challenge.

I love being inspired by the challenges!

Thanks for following along!

Marcia