Tuesday, February 21, 2012

If I Had A Barn...

                         ...I'd put my "First Bloom Quilt" on the front of my barn.
So, I made a little tiny "First Bloom Quilt" to put on my imaginary barn.  I imagined I would have a large barn.  So large, that it wouldn't even fit on my quilt.  It would be huge!  I would fill it with quilts, fabric, and sewing machines.  People would come to sew and create quilts everyday in my imaginary barn with my imaginary barn quilt on it.
After I finished my quilt top, I pinned it onto my "First Bloom Quilt". It's ready to be quilted tomorrow.
I am sharing all the photos of how I created my quilt top. First, I want to say the items on my quilt are not size perspective and they are not meant to be.  Remember, I imagined this quilt.  In my imagination, some of the things are larger than others.  For example, the windmill is larger, so it would stand out, with the morning glory flowers growing on it.  
It's morning in my quilt. Can you hear the rooster?  I was born in the year of the Rooster, so I wanted to include a rooster.  I added the daisies, because we have them along our driveway. 
I found this cool red barn fabric and grass fabric in my stash. All the fabric for this quilt was from my stash.
Needed a curvy seam again!
 































Everywhere that I drew with the sharpie markers, I will quilt - thread paint with my quilting machine, tomorrow.
If I had barn . . .   I'd have my "First Bloom Quilt" proudly displayed on the front of the barn.  I imagine, I would spend a lot of time in my barn, sewing and quilting!  That's the kind of barn, I would have...

Thanks again, Kim from Project Quilting for inspiring me to imagine and create...
This week, we were to be inspired by Barn Quilts.
I can't wait until tomorrow to quilt and thread paint on my quilt.  I love using my imagination to create quilts.

Don't forget to take time to play --- Minutes for Me!
Marcia
Do you remember my "First Bloom Quilt"?
 _______________________________
 Linked with:

14 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Can't wait to see you quilt this beautiful wall hanging! Love your barn and silo! Fun project too! Thanks for sharing.

Full Circle Creations said...

Love it! Great job!

Unknown said...

What a lovely idea...I want to come to your imaginary barn and sew! I am sure the finished product will be as lovely as your story! Thanks for sharing!!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Your barn wall hanging is adorable, look forward to seeing it all quilted! TFS
~Terry~

Lida said...

That looks great, love the barn and the windmill! Greetings
Lida

Miss Hillbilly said...

Oh my I cannot wait to see the thread painting. Wow! You are so amazing. I wish I lived near you so that you could give me some lessons or so that I could at least catch some of those creativity vibes that you drop here and there.

Belinda said...

Your work and talent is so inspiring! What a great project. Like the others, I can't wait to see the quilting part!

Susan said...

Wow! Love this post! Thanks for all the great photos as you created your project. :)

Elaine said...

I love this quilt. And thanks for the post. I want to do more of this kind of applique.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

This is a very beautiful piece...it will be lovely quilted.

VickiT said...

What an awesome job you've done so far. I LOVE it. And that fabric used on the barn is so cool. I've seen fabrics like that for brick walls and such but, not the barn fabrics. It's amazing how realistic they look once you do something like you've done with them. Just beautiful. I can't wait to see more. Oh and I think you have the same love for Morning Glories as I do. I have always loved those since I was a little girl.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the process of making that lovely quilt.

Carla said...

I wish I had a barn too. Love the fact that you created one. One day I may have to create one for myself.
Thanks for sharing yours.

nancy b. said...

How fun to watch this project take shape like I was looking right over your shoulder! Looking forward to seeing how you do the stitching accents. Thanks for giving us a peek into your design process.