Saturday, October 26, 2013

Up Close to My Quilting --- Thankful's Celebration Quilt


My customers come up with great quilting ideas!  I have quilted these pointy flowers before, but with filler quilting in between.  Thankful suggested that the pointy flowers could nest right next to each other. I love it!



Thankful chose a brown quilting thread.  It blends nicely over the whole.


I quilted wiggle lines in the borders.




Thankful's Celebration Quilt was made with all batik fabrics.



Flipping it over reveals more of the quilting and the beautiful blue flannel backing fabric.



You can see how the pointy flowers nest together.



The wiggle lines intersect and cross at the corners.






Several of us made the same quilt last year, November at Quilts by Barb's Quilt Retreat.  It is a great quilt pattern that looks fantastic with almost any kind of fabric. 

Over the next couple days, I will share all the Celebration Quilts that I quilted.

Here's a sneak peek of tomorrow's Celebration Quilt.



Enjoy!
Marcia

*Questions about my quilting? 
FAQQ Frequently Asked Quilting Questions 

*Want to see more quilting photos? 
Photo Gallery

*What is Free Style Quilting? 
---Click on the links in my sidebar too ----->

The Celebration Quilt --- Quilts by Barb --- Quilt Retreat

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a gorgeous quilt! And love the blue flannel backing, makes you want to crawl right in bed and snuggle. Wonderfully quilted and love the design - adds to the quilt so nicely.

gpc said...

How beautiful! I love the flannel, love the quilting, love the colors -- just stunning!

Barbara said...

Wow. Gorgeous.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

The quilt is gorgeous but your quilting makes it even more beautiful! Love it!!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I love the pattern you created! Being new to longarm quilting I always find you work inspiring and your blog educational!!Thanks for sharing so much...it's appreciated.

Chris Daly said...

Beautiful quilt Thankful and beautiful quilting Marcia! I love the interlocking pattern. Lots of movement that complements the color selections.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Amazing and gorgeous! Wow!!

Michele said...

I really love how it all turned out.