Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Progress on My Trees!

I started sewing tree blocks for the challenge.  I selected 2 groups of the fabrics to create the trees from yesterday's post.


 Some from this collection of greens and....



 ...all of these fabrics.



 I cut three rectangles from each the print fabrics and combined a variety of cream on cream fabrics for the background. The rectangle size I used was 3" by 5".



I cut out odd shaped over sized triangles to use to make Drunken Flying Geese for the sections of my pine trees. Kim - Persimon Dreams shared a tutorial in 2013.







After I pressed them, I squared them up to 2 3/4" by 4 1/2"




 



I stitched them together in sets of three.



I added a 3" strip of cream background fabric to the left side of each block.  I also made 3 little trees. Then I added a tree trunk to the bottom of each tree.



 I am going to dream about the next part.  I think I want to scatter the trees around using different sizes of strips of background fabric.  I think I need more trees, but that depends on how large I want to make it.  Should I make a table topper or a lap quilt?

 That is why it is time to stop and dream about it tonight.



 There is still plenty of time this week to create a quilted project for Project Quilting? Check it out over at Persimon Dreams - Project Quilting.

Thanks for following along.

Marcia

No comments: