Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Selecting Sunrise and Sunset Fabrics for the Project Quilting Challenge

Laying out the fabrics helps me create the design of the quilt.


I move the fabrics around.


I take photos from different angles.


It makes me think... Should I use one fabric for a focus fabrics?


Should I do a circular design?



Should I cut strips of the orange fabric and alternate it in between some of the colors?


Like this?

 I am going to be creating with some beautiful batik fabrics scraps, but I only have small pieces. This means I will be creating my quilted project with strips of fabric.




Many ideas and so little time!  I need more time to think....

I am leaning towards creating a striped table runner like this one from my website:  Made to Order Table Runners


Can you imagine it with all the colors of a Sunset or Sunrise?

Kim shared a post on how she finds inspiration for the Projects. Click Here.

You can check out Project Quilting Season 6 Challenge 2 over at Persimon Dreams. Click Here.



Thanks for following along!
Marcia 



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: