Sunday, November 13, 2011

Refreshed by Quilts and Quilting Friends!

I am back home from another wonderful quilt retreat. I am feeling refreshed, revitalized, and exhausted all at the same time! This was the 9th year of Quilts by Barb's Quilt Retreat. I have attended all 9 years!  There were two beautiful quilts to construct at this year's retreat.  Check out Barb's website for more information about those quilts. 
I completed several projects. One of the mini classes was a table runner. I combined Barb's hand dyed fabric with a commercial fabric and ended up with this cool table runner. This was a fun project!
I stitched up a few more of my zipper bags.








And I started my First Morning Glory Bloom wall hanging.
Cut, pressed, and did a little drawing with a marker, so when I take it to the quilting machine, I have lines to follow for the thread painting.
Here's my sewing area at the retreat.
Here's a sneak peek of the tutorial for Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday this week. It's not a zipper bag, but I will be doing a tutorial on that soon also.
Quilt retreats refresh, revitalize, and exhaust me!
Thanks Barb for another great quilt retreat!
Enjoy your week!
Marcia
Big Birthday Giveaway on Tuesday also!


Linked with:
Life in Pieces: 15 Minute Challenge - Nov. 15, 2011
Freshly Pieced: WIP Wednesday - Nov. 16, 2011
Click on Links here and in my sidebar! --->

6 comments:

Heather said...

How much fun that looks! Great projects too! :)

thea said...

Love those zipper bags!

Sarah said...

Love the quilting on the zipper bags.

Shay said...

Well it looks like it was a very productive quilting retreat for you Marcia.

I really like the black and brown handbag. Cute!

Marsha Cooper said...

A quilt retreat would be just too awesome to attend. I am looking into quilting guilds in my own town. Both are held at the senior center so I hope you don't have to be a senior to join!

Miss Hillbilly said...

You had fun it looks like! Love those colors on that runner. Somehow you need to make me not be scared to do zippers...