Monday, November 21, 2011

Think Outside the BLOCK Quilt Completed!

This was project Number 12 from the list of UFO's from My 4 Day Adventure in Quilting! I took 13 projects along to finish.  I finished 9 at the retreat and I am gradually completed the rest of them.

Update:  I found a link to this pattern.  It is a FREE Mystery Quilt available as a Downloadable PDF Pattern.  A Judy Hopkins Mystery Quilt Pattern 

I took lots of photos from all different angles, so you can see the quilting too.  The up close photos also show that the corners didn't come together correctly and I had to cut off some points and corners! 

 
Even though I had to cut through the blocks and it isn't perfectly straight, I really like this quilt! I am so glad I found a simple way to make it into a quilt.


A view of the back of the quilt.


 The all machine embroidery binding.







 The sun was shining in the window at the end of the day.  I snapped a few photos.  Look how different the blue looks in the next three photos and you can really see the swirl quilting with the shadowing of raised sections with the sun shining on it.




I stitch my first name and the year on all of my own quilts.  
All in all I would have to say I  am very pleased that this quilt turned out half way decent and I had fun creating the new design!  Click here for the posts about creating the new design.  The link includes this post so scroll down for the other three posts to get the whole story.

Enjoy your day!


Marcia


Don't forget to enter the Big Birthday Quilting Giveaway! Drawing Nov. 24, 2011 at 6pm. Winner announced on Nov. 25th.





7 comments:

Belinda said...

Well Marcia, you've done it again. Created an amazing piece of art. Thanks for sharing the process with us.

Sheila said...

It is beautiful , love the design and the colours and your quilting is super !

Heather said...

It turned out really great! The colors are very pretty in this one too. :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

It turned out beautiful!!

Paulette said...

Wow, Marcia, it's just wonderful how it turned out! Love the swirly quilting and that machine embroidered binding is over the top cool!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Very pretty. I cannot wait for the challenges to start again. You are just a barrel of inspiration! Hugs to you, and give one to mom--at a distance--for me too.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It turned out beautiful. Someone will be very happy if they are lucky enough to get this quilt. Love the colors. Happy Thanksgiving!