Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Comfort of a Quilt and the Comfort of a Friend...

Took a few photos of Gabby and Toby today with their new "doggie blankets" from Tonya.  I am caring for Toby for awhile as my Mom recovers from another hospital stay. They love their little quilts! (Updates on my Mom and an Update about what happened to Toby on the same day as my Mom's brain surgery.)


Gabby and Toby love their doggie blankets!  Thanks Tonya!


Yesterday, Tonya wrote about some things I mailed and shared with her. When she mailed Gabby's doggie blanket, she also shared with me... some BLUE fabric (I will show you the BLUE fabric in another post). She had mailed Toby's doggie blanket to my Mom's home much earlier, as we thought he might get out of the hospital sooner and be with my Mom, but Toby had to stay much longer than we thought.  He finally got out a week ago. My Mom was back in the hospital a week ago ... So now Toby will stay with me, temporarily.


Tonya not only shared items, but she shares kind words, when I need support. I know she does that for many of us.  As I know many of you support others  thru' your comments and emails. I know I really appreciate them.  It is not just the items you share with others... it's the listening ear, the kind messages and thoughts, and the much needed prayers that are being sent from friends and family that really get you thru' the day... Thanks to all of you for that kindness...


 Looking for treats in the pockets.. and taking a nap!
Here is where Gabby and Toby sleep at night. I make a little nest out of a fleece blanket at the foot of our bed and Toby sleeps there. Gabby sleeps between my husband and I. The last couple nights Gabby has slept nose to nose with Toby as if she is his Mommy... keeping tabs on him.








 Toby's taking another nap on his new doggie blanket from Tonya.
Toby traded his stockinette bandages in for a baby t-shirt today.  He wears the 3-6 months size.  He needs to still have a covering over the wounds as he heals, but he needed a looser fit covering.  I bought the oneies (bodysuit) and cut off the snapped part. He needed them longer to cover his back and sides. 

Toby's front legs fit thru' the sleeves and it also stays on better then the stockinette. He has come a long way in the past 6 weeks from the huge bandages and dressings to protect as his horrible wounds as they heal. He had to have multiple surgeries to repair his poor little body. 

Thanks to all the wonderful staff at Exceptional Animal Care of Madison, Toby will live a long and happy life.

And again thanks to everyone's for your support and prayers for my Mom and our family.  We appreciate it so very much... 

Linked with Wordless Wednesday BlogPaws (I know it is NOT wordless, but this is the post that fit for "Wednesday LOVE"! At least there are lots of photos!) Thanks for hopping over here!

Marcia 
P.S. I am home and back to work (quilting). I quilted "my vacation projectat the end of the day today! I'll post about it later in the week.




9 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow, Marcia! I just read the updates on mom and Toby that you had links to! So glad to see things are getting better! I know the horror of your dog getting attacked as I had the same happen with a Rottweiler and my elderly English Springer. I hope mom continues to improve, and Spencer, too!

Karen said...

So good to see progress on all fronts. Lovely photos.

Kim said...

I'm so glad things are heading in the right direction for your mom and Toby! The dogs are so cute! Little Toby is precious! Have a great day Marcia and the best to your Mom and Toby!

Heather said...

Glad to hear & see all the good news so far on your little friends. :) The doggie quilts are so cute!

Miss Hillbilly said...

I just love seeing Toby sit there so cute in his T shirt. Too bad that he has to wear one. I am glad that he likes his blankie.

Do you need more onesies? I have some I am sure!

Chris Daly said...

Yay!!! Toby looks wonderful. so glad you posted pictures. Tonya is such a sweetie to send the doggie blankets.

Mika said...

So cute. Glad to hear your mom is doing well, and Toby as well. How scary for your little dog!

Anonymous said...

What sweet pics! I am so sorry to hear of your dog's injuries but I am glad to hear Toby is healing. My first time visiting... I enjoyed it!

Gretchen said...

I'm stopping by from the blog hop. Sounds like you've been through a lot lately. Hope things continue on the upward trend.