Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pin Cushion Lamp Shade for an Ott Light



A couple years ago I enter a Lamp Shade Contest.  I won third place!  








I attached the quilted fabric with an adhesive velcro to the top of the light.  I sewed loops on the top to insert with little scissors and other items.  The pin cushion is attached with adhesive velcro also and is easily accessible when the lamp is open and on or closed and off.  


I use caution when using the light for long periods of time, as the bulb gets warm.


Hope you are having a great day!


Marcia
Did you see the post about how to make the pin cushion from the canning lids?

5 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

Nifty. That is my new description of your creative skills. Amazing. Talented. Nifty.

sweetybird09 said...

Oh how cute that shade is!

2ne said...

Love the idè, have the same lamp as you.

Kim said...

That is really cute! You can tell I am definitely a wantobe because I didn't know what an Ott Light was! Now I know! Thanks Marcia!

Heather said...

Love the idea! It is very you! :)