Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Minutes for Me Adventure - A Whole Bunch of Them!

Starting tomorrow, (Oct. 19th) I am going to a Quilting Retreat from Wednesday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.  (4 full days of sewing) That's a lot of minutes for me! I have lined up a whole bunch of UFO's that I want to finish.  Some projects I have to sew the last borders on the quilt top, a couple of quilts need the binding, and some I have just started.  


I have decided to take you along with me on my quilting retreat - "My Minutes for Me Adventure". 


Every day or every project, I will post an update.


Here is my list of UFO projects and photos.  I always take too many projects along, but this time I am going to be realistic.  I like to prioritize the projects, so I get the most important ones completed first.  I bag each project with matching thread and other supplies that are needed for that project.


1. Applique' Dyed Flower Quilt - I need to create the free form flowers for the four large blocks of this quilt top.  I will make raw edge applique' flowers and thread paint on them when I come back home using my quilting machine. I named it "Imaginary Blooms".



2. Quilted Tote Bag - for a customer.  It is half way completed. 


3. Another Dragonfly Table Runner - needs the binding stitched. Just for fun, I chose a rainbow backing.



4. Reversible Holiday Table Runner - needs the binding stitched.



5. "Coffee" Table Runner needs the binding stitched.



6. "Strippy" brown quilt - it's about lap size at this point and I want it larger.




7. Chantilly, My Quilt Shop Angel Wall hanging - barely started.  


8. Plastic Grocery Bag Dispensers - need a few more for my Mom and I like to have a few on hand that are complete as they make nice gifts. When I do these I will take photos and write the tutorial, so you can make one too!


9. One woven basket - all cut and ready to sew.  When it is complete, it will look like the blue basket in the photo.


10. Fabric for another quilted tote bag. Not sure about all the colors, but I will bring extra to have some choices.

11.  Binding for my Quilt of Valor Quilt.  

12. A mystery quilt that I started 2 years ago at a quilt retreat.

13.  And last, but not least "The First Morning Glory Bloom" - I picked the fabrics!


That should do it!  If you think that is too many projects, remember some only have about an hour or so to go on them.  Also, remember no phones, no meals to make, and no wash to do.  I will be talking with my Mom and my husband of course, as I carry my cell phone!  We will just be sewing, chatting, laughing, eating, and sleeping! 

I numbered all the bags and put them into my quilted tote bags.  I can't wait to get started!

Wish you really were coming with me...  but this will have to do... Follow along as I complete as many of the 13 UFO projects as possible in 4 days or less!

Enjoy your day!

Marcia

P.S. The quilting retreat is in Oelwein, Iowa. I'll take some photos and share them too!  It is a wonderful quilt shop and retreat center. I have been there several times and I love it!



Lou Ann's Quilt Garden & Retreat

21 East Charles Street

Oelwein, IA  50662

319-283-5165



She has a Facebook page -- Hop over and LIKE her LouAnn's QuiltGarden and Retreat

Another P.S. Why 13 projects?  It's my lucky number!
Update:
Here is a link to all the posts that I did complete! Last weekend Oct.19th to the 23rd. 




Linked with:
Confessions of a Fabric Addict: Can I get a Whoop Whoop? - Oct. 28, 2011


AND


Life in Pieces: 15 minute Challenge Oct. 18 , 2011

10 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lots of fun projects, but I really drooled over the B/W thread. Have a fun retreat.

Karen said...

Four whole uninterrupted sewing days!!!! How amazing is that, just to start with? Love the idea of taking so many UFOs. You will have a real sense of achievement at the end of your retreat. Have a great time.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Love 13! Great number. Love those table runners and the mystery quilt. I've never been on a quilting retreat before. Have fun! I get to go to the dentist.

Char said...

Have fun! You sure have a lot to keep you busy! I love the brown strip lap quilt.

Heather said...

Wow! 4 whole days to do nothing but sewing! I wish I could come!!! And I wish you lots of luck getting these all done. Have a wonderful time!

Linda said...

Oh my gosh! what fun! All your projects are beautiful but I am really intrigued by the mystery quilt. Love love the colors, oh and the coffee runner is super cute too. I'm a coffee'holic :) Have a blast at your quilt retreat, you lucky duck!

Kate said...

Sounds like fun. Great way to make progress on lots of projects. Good luck, have fun.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Oh, wow! I hope you get through them!! This is going to be a great time for you and I am so glad that you get to do this. You need the ME time...as it's been tough since your last retreat! Someday (maybe even a year from now) maybe I can go with you. Just gotta grow this boy up a bit (and save money!).

I cannot WAIT to see what you get done and that first quilt really intrigues me!

SGB said...

It sounds like it will be a good time indeed! I love the brown scrappy lap quilt and I'm also very interested in seeing the woven basket. I'd like to see a tutorial on how to make that. (You could do that in your spare time, right? JK) Have fun!

Sarah Craig said...

Good luck! That's a lot of projects - so I'll give you a whoop whoop in advance!!!