Saturday, July 30, 2011

Memory Lane, Search Feature, and a Winner!

Thanks to all who played the game and entered the drawing.   I really enjoyed the comments on the old posts!  I love going down memory lane. 
I use the search feature, when I visit a new quilt or craft blog.  It allows me to randomly look at some of their previous posts.  Or if I am reading their post and they are talking about something in particular, I can search their blog for that item and read more about it.  If you want to add the Google Search Feature to your Blog -- Click on Design and Go to "Add a Gadget" and simply add it. I searched my blog for the word Purple and this is one of the posts it brought up:

Mar 13, 2011 I used orange and purple for my complimentary colors. Then I decided I needed extra borders to make it larger and added the strips in a log cabin fashion creating a step like design element to the sides of the bag. ...
The winner of the drawing is:

Lee


Lee wins a Quilting Gift Certificate for $20.00 off the quilting good for one year from Oct. 1, 2011 to October 1, 2012. Good on a Lap size quilt or larger.  If she books her quilting date in October of 2011, she will receive an EXTRA $10.00 off the quilting. That's a total of $30.00 off the quilting!

Lee searched for the word  "Sunflower" and found a 2010 post about my container garden and left this comment:
"Hi! I searched sunflower and got this post w/ your container garden! which is fun since I started some container gardening this summer! Have a great day!"
 






Remember the post about turning a quilt into a tote bag?  
In 2002 and 2003, I made several of those Raggy Sweatshirts for my Mom and friends and family.  One of them was too small, so my Mom never wore it.   She really liked it, but couldn't wear it. I decided to make it into a usable item.  I made a tote bag.  It is soft, light weight and durable.  On my personal quilt blog I am adding one at a time all the quilting, sewing, and craft projects I have created over the past 40 years.  From age 13 to 53. It is my way of going down memory lane.  It is kind of like an online scrapbook. Click on the link in the sidebar if you want to see what's up so far ---->


  Enjoy your weekend!  Marcia

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations to Lee. A fun give away hosted Marcia, and thank you.

Miss Hillbilly said...

It was a fun giveaway. I liked the search game. Congrats Lee.

Lee said...

Wow - I never thought I would win! Thank you so much - I was new to your blog and and enjoy it! thanks for the generosity!