Saturday, July 9, 2011

Floating Lilies!

I love blues.. When the challenge came out for Project Quilting, I decided I was going to make my quilt with some of my favorite blue fabrics.  
I really love blues...  I have heard that seeing the color blue causes the body to produce chemicals that have calming effects on a person.  Maybe that is why I love blues so much.  


I took this photo on my Mom's blue sofa.  I made this quilt with the idea that I would use it as a table topper, but my Mom likes it on the back of her sofa.  Both Mom and I love blues. The quilt could be used as a pillow topper on the head of a bed. It could be a wall hanging too. I just feel so calm and relaxed about it, that I would just use it anywhere!    

I finished the binding last night here at my Mom's house.  I took the final pictures this morning.  Gabby and Toby wanted to poise with the quilt too!


I took pictures of all the steps from start to finish.  I will post them this week while I am here with my Mom's house.   I will explain the construction process.  You may want to make the delightful floating lilies, so I will share it.
   Update:  Post about making the lilies.

Another photo of Gabby and Toby.








I video tapped the quilting of one of the blue lily flowers.  It is about a 2 minutes long video.



What's your favorite color?


Marcia


Some of the blue fabrics are from Chris' Dye Candy Fabrics.
Linked with:
Peaceful Life: Little Quilt Mondays Oct. 17, 2011
Sew Chatty Made with Love #47 Oct. 17, 2011

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

THis reminds me of blue/tourq. abelones in a shallow pool - gentle ripples over them. Or - blue water lilies splashing atop a small pond. Yes - I am a blue lover too!!!

Deanna said...

Lovely quilting. Very appropriate for the quilt.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Oh, that is very very calming!! I love it! I am a blue fanatic too. My favorite quilt that I made is named 'serenity' and it's all blues.

Chris Daly said...

Love this quilt and I know your mom will too. These are very Marcia colors :)

Kirsten said...

This is beautiful - love all the shades of blue!

Carla said...

Wow I love the organic feel to it. It's so pretty and those dogs are the cutest!

elizabeth said...

What a beautiful quilt and darling dogs : ) Thank you for linking up to Little Quilt Monday!