Update: This Quilt Block Pattern is now available in a downloadable pattern at Craftsy.com for only $1.00.
Here is the direct link: http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilting/home-decor/crazee-patch-house-quilt-block/96519
I created a house block that is assembled like a crazee patch, where you build around a five sided object - the house. It is a very relaxed block and would be perfect to use all your leftover scraps.
Fabrics pieces and sizes:
1. Main part of the house cut a 6" square - a striped fabric works best. You can make the house smaller if you would like.
2. One rectangle to be cut into a triangle for the roof - after you stitch it on you can trim it even with the edges of your house. I cut it 6" long by 3" wide. Use a texture fabric.
3. Two rectangles for the windows. I made them about 1" X 2". I placed one vertically and the other one horizontally. They don't have to be the same size. You can have more than two windows.
4. One rectangle for the door. I made it 1 1/2" X 3". I used a checkered fabric.
5. Strips of various widths for going around your house. You could have some of them in green colors for under the house. The sides and top strips should be in blues for a sky appearance.
Main house square
Press Lite Heat 'N Bond on the back of your windows and door and trim.
Stitch the rectangle to be cut into a triangle for the roof, press, and trim it.
I drew the details in with a sharpie marker. Later, I will stitch it, when I quilt. You could embroider the parts too.
Start stitching your strips going around your house like a crazee patch block.