Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Bags are Packed, Replying to Comments, and I've Got a Helper!

 My bags are packed for another Minutes for Me Adventure!  I am headed to Oelwin, Iowa to LouAnn's Quilt Garden and Retreat Center!  I plan to sew and sew and sew --- Oh and eat and talk and laugh and learn and enjoy the company of quilting friends!
But first I would like to reply to all the wonderful comments that you all have left me... but I can't do it all in one night! So replies will happen when I return! Gabby tried to help with the replies and then gave up. She cuddled up by my feet!
I am taking several projects that I need to complete.
The first project will be our green donation quilt.
Last year's May for Me Mystery Quilt Along from Tonya at Hillbilly Handiworks. This is a photo from Tonya...Thanks! My fabric is packed in the car.  I chose 30's fabrics too!
My Blue Home Sweet Home Quilt from Kim's Crafty Apple --- Where Creativity Blooms.
I need to make at least 2 dozen Mini Comfort Quilts for a special order.
I am going to work on binding 18 Mug Rugs!
I have a little wall hanging that I need to bind. I was quilting it, (thread painting it) in this photo.  It turned out pretty cool when I was done! 
I started a black and white quilt project using my Zig Zag Block.  Oh... I can't wait to work on this one, as it is something special for me and my Mom! It's not a secret.  We picked it out the fabric together.
When I share the zig zag black and white project, I will share about the May for Me Quilt Challenge.
I am also taking some other miscellaneous sewing projects ... If I get to work on them, I will share about them.
My plan is to take photos, upload them, and share the photos as I complete each project.


So join me in my Minutes for Me Adventure as I sew and share my progress!


Here are photos from last fall, when I went on another Minutes for Me Adventure. There is a link in the sidebar of the listing of the projects from that Minutes for Me Adventure! --->


I love your comments... If you leave one I will reply next week.
If you have a question that you would like answered asap.  Please email me directly at Marcia@craftysewing.com.  I'm taking my laptop along and I will check in between the sewing and eating and laughing!
And of course all fabric orders will be mailed out on Monday morning.
Enjoy your day and your week!
Marcia

5 comments:

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Marcia,
Have a wonderful time, I'm sure you will. I love love the fabric on the Home Sweet Home quilt.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your helper!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Be careful, have fun, miss us, share with us, inspire us!

Cherie said...

Hope you have a great time!
They are some great projects to be finishing up.
Can't wait to see all the pictures when you get back =D

Carla said...

Aww how sweet your baby doesn't want you to go. It sounds like you're gonna have some fun and maybe get something done. Be safe and be sure to share